Saturday, September 13, 2008

MH0437B


38 EE Re 3, Yellow Self, Dor Dip Noc
yezoensis * MH0207K = yezoensis * (Boston Symphony * Early And Often) * (Millie Schlumf * Early And Often)

Looks like a plain yellow with a small flower to me! But it has some superior qualities. It comes from my MH0207K (pictured at my old web site), which is one of my whitest, greenest throated, and best formed seedlings in the rebloom lines.


EAO next to MH0207K 20 E 3.5, NearWhite Self, Dor Dip Noc Ext

Combined with the greenish cast of yezoensis, I have a true EE mid-June bloomer that should carry white with green throats. It blooms a week before Stella De Oro on tall scapes with 5 branches, more than 20 buds, and some instant rebloom. The foliage is very good, and very erect, though I am afraid it has proven to go dormant in the late summer. Most yezoensis seedlings have tended to have falling scapes for me, but this one definitely doesn't! I've got a load of seed from it with early whites, to try to push the season for whites into the EE range while keeping that height and branching.

No comments: