Saturday, September 13, 2008

MH0320C


26 EM Re 5, NearWhite Self, Dor Dip
MH0032R * MH0067D = (Swiss Mint * Early And Often) * (Sunshine On Clouds * Early And Often)

This year, MH0320C was one of my outstanding breeders. The flowers are huge and upfacing, and a good near white (though not my destination near white.) It only has about 7 buds per scape: just like Stella De Oro. It has some rebloom for me: when I get it into other gardens, we'll see what it really does. But this offers size, modern form, ruffling, petal width, and rebloom all in one! The petals on the flower pictured were 2.5 inches wide on a 5 inch flower. I don't obsess over bagel forms, but I will admit they look good! Next year I'll use it even more. It blooms the second week of July: not as early as I want, but part of my plans for large continuous rebloomers that are not yellow. It's an early morning opener, and always is open perfectly when I step outside to pollinate at 5 AM.

No comments: