Friday, December 29, 2006

MH0013F


20 E Re 3.25, Pink w'Rose Halo, Dor Dip
Frequent Flyer * Early And Often

FUTURE INTRODUCTION. What a gem of a flower! It has an impressively clear color with iris-like precision of form, and is a continuous rebloomer. The fans also really interest me: slender, erect, close-packed, much like STELLA DE ORO. I've bred with this one quite a bit, and it throws numerous continual rebloomers in very clear colors. See MH0315A and MH0315C.This cross would also benefit from being remade long, as it produced many strong rebloomers.

The actual color clarity is rarely as good as the picture: usually, it is more of a melon pink. Budcount is not terribly high, but that's not an important feature for rebloomers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your site.I am very glad to see that you have been purposeful and focused in your program. Could you tell me when you will be putting the one plant of Snowy Stella up on the auction. I'm in Orlando and dormants will not work for me but the other gene factors would be important for my program. Continued good luck with all your work.I have seed from the Giant leaf magnolia(leaves get 15-20 inches long and 12 inches wide)(similar but larger than in your picture)would you like some? (free of course) John M Todd, DVM jmtodd2@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I have just discovered your web site. I have hopelessly fallen for 2 or 3 of your seedlings. Just the kind of flowers I like the best. I guess I'll never be able to buy them as I am getting too old (85) to look too far in advance for additions to my garden. I am not hybridizing, just growing for enjoyment.

KMP

Don said...

Lovely flower.

'Stellar Pink' is as clever as I can get off the top of my head.